[Paraview] inquiries on parallel pvserver nodes

yewyong uyong81 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 08:22:02 EDT 2009

Hi all,

am trying to utilize some desktops in our lab (say "lab A") to visualize
some virtual heart.
on top of that, there are also some unused desktop from other lab ("lab B")
which i plan to add in as the server.
below are my "hostfile" used during mpirun.

192.168.0.10 slots=4 max-slots=4
192.168.0.220 slots=2 max-slots=2
192.168.0.205 slots=2 max-slots=2
192.168.0.249 slots=2 max-slots=2
202.185.77.219 slots=2 max-slots=2
202.185.77.220 slots=2 max-slots=2
202.185.77.221 slots=2 max-slots=2

as we can see, the 192.168... series are from lab A and the 202.185.. series
are from lab B.
the experiment started off fine as i'm also using a desktop from lab A
(192.168.. series) to connect to the server.
when we reach np 11, the paraview (pvclient) fails to response when we try
to establish a connection with the server.

are we missing out anything here?

appreciate all your response and answer in advance

Thanks

yewyong