[Paraview] Problems compiling vtkSMExtractDocumentation in CVS

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Thu Oct 1 18:05:13 EDT 2009

Yeah, I don't feel like I'm doing anything significantly different
than I usually do, but who knows... Starting with the "make" line for
that section, I get:

make -f Servers/ServerManager/CMakeFiles/vtkSMExtractDocumentation.dir/
build.make Servers/ServerManager/CMakeFiles/
vtkSMExtractDocumentation.dir/depend
cd /Users/emonson/Programming/ParaView_cvs/ParaView3/serial && /usr/
local/bin/cmake -E cmake_depends "Unix Makefiles" /Users/emonson/
Programming/ParaView_cvs/ParaView3 /Users/emonson/Programming/
ParaView_cvs/ParaView3/Servers/ServerManager /Users/emonson/
Programming/ParaView_cvs/ParaView3/serial /Users/emonson/Programming/
ParaView_cvs/ParaView3/serial/Servers/ServerManager /Users/emonson/
Programming/ParaView_cvs/ParaView3/serial/Servers/ServerManager/
CMakeFiles/vtkSMExtractDocumentation.dir/DependInfo.cmake --color=
make -f Servers/ServerManager/CMakeFiles/vtkSMExtractDocumentation.dir/
build.make Servers/ServerManager/CMakeFiles/
vtkSMExtractDocumentation.dir/build
Linking CXX executable ../../bin/vtkSMExtractDocumentation
cd /Users/emonson/Programming/ParaView_cvs/ParaView3/serial/Servers/
ServerManager && /usr/local/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/
vtkSMExtractDocumentation.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/c++    -mmacosx-version-min=10.5  -Wno-deprecated -O3 -
DNDEBUG -Wl,-search_paths_first -headerpad_max_install_names -fPIC
CMakeFiles/vtkSMExtractDocumentation.dir/
vtkSMExtractDocumentation.cxx.o  -o ../../bin/vtkSMExtractDocumentation
Undefined symbols:
   "vtksys::RegularExpression::compile(char const*)", referenced from:
       FilterDescription(std::basic_string<char,
std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >)in
vtkSMExtractDocumentation.cxx.o

Thanks for at least taking a look at it -- I appreciate it.
-Eric