[Paraview] difficulties with volume rendering

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 18 04:01:44 EST 2009

I am volume rendering some large transient data and it takes several
hours till done, which is no problem. The problem is to start it: I get
my camera right in surface mode, but between the moment I switch to
volume representation and the moment the generation of images begins is
enormous pain. I have to wait for several screen refreshes before I am
finally able to start, and each refresh takes several minutes. Is there
a way to avoid this?