[Paraview] Paraview 3.6.1 and netCDF 4

Matthew Dillon mrdillon at alaska.edu
Fri Nov 13 15:16:23 EST 2009

All,

Thanks for the input on this one. I did some further investigation
into this... it seems the "problem" lies with the netcdf4-python
interface. I set up some scripts to generate identical files using A)
ncgen, and B) netcdf4-python. The ncgen files are always recognized in
Paraview (quite smoothly, I might say), while the netcdf4-python files
aren't recognized. I'm not too sure what I am doing wrong with the
python interface, but this clearly isn't the place for that. I am not
going to get too worried about this, it doesn't seem to be a big issue
one way or the other.
As well, thanks David for the information on xdmf, I helped clear some
things up.
Thanks everyone for your help, I really appreciate it.

Matthew Dillon