[Paraview] Rendering bug?

Sven Buijssen sven.buijssen at tu-dortmund.de
Wed Nov 11 09:33:03 EST 2009

Hi,

I've come across something that I consider a rendering bug, but before filing a
bug report I'd like to discuss it first. Maybe it sounds familiar. (I'm guess
it's not related to the z-fighting issue discussed last week.)

I have two volume grids consisting of hexaeder which partially overlap (wavelet
sources for demonstration purposes in the attached *.pvsm file). After applying
AppendDataSets and CleantoGrid filter it looks like the resulting grid contains
all points and cells except the cell at the intersection of the two grids. See
attached image.
But the "missing" cell is actually there. Twice. It can be confirmed by applying
a ProgrammableFilter to add a cell array with cell numbers and applying a
Threshold filter. Set both lower and upper threshold to either 0 or 30 to verify
that the "missing" cell is still there. It simply not rendered any more.

It happens with PV 3.6.1 binary release and PV compiled from CVS HEAD. (The
state file has been created with PV from CVS HEAD.)

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Sven