[Paraview] Select points and pass them to a plugin

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 12:22:39 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Nehme Bilal <nehmebilal at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Am not sure but I think you can call Extract Selection filter
> internally to get the selection.
> 2)  Select points on works with CTRL.
>
> Nehme

Thanks for the response Nehme.

Ah, CTRL does work, you just have to click "Select points on" again before
continuing the selection. Maybe this could be changed so that you can
continue selecting without having to click the selection tool again between
each selection? I know there was some work being done on DEselecting - maybe
this can be added at the same time?

I see the vtkExtractSelection filter, but I have to get a selection from two
separate data sets (corresponding points in the two datasets). Is there a
way to do this?

Thanks,

David