[Paraview] looking for 3.6 (or higher)

Randy Heiland heiland at indiana.edu
Tue May 26 13:42:26 EDT 2009

While I continue to dig around, let me ask the list...

I was going to start walking through instructions on this page:
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Python_Scripting

and the first thing I see is it needs 3.6 or higher.  So, I update my
code from cvs (cvsroot/ParaView3), rebuild, run the app (on OSX):
.../bin/paraview.app/Contents/MacOS/paraview

and see "Kitware ParaView 3.5.0 (development)" across the top of the
GUi.

Q: is this really 3.5 or not?  If not, is there a way to check what
version I'm running?

I'm hoping the fact that I can do the following means that I am indeed
running >=3.6 (but maybe not):

 >>> from paraview.simple import *
 >>> cone = Cone()

thanks, Randy