[Paraview] [paraview] using with python to read file VTK in 3.7 and to show a volume representation

BOUSSOIR Jonathan 167706 Jonathan.BOUSSOIR at cea.fr
Mon May 25 08:08:43 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am new to paraview, I am using Linux. I read a lot of paraview emails this morning. I see you have been work hard last days on python script.
I download last version and compile.
Now I can read a file VTK surface sphere. But, I have still one error when I want to show my volume VTK file. I read a file then I tried to change the representation and I execute Render(), I have a problem : Cell Scalars not supported.

I link my VTK file in my email.
Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Regards,
Jona

#!/usr/bin/python
# -*- coding: latin-1 -*-

from paraview.simple import *
connection = servermanager.Connect('localhost')

# Create the reader and set the filename.
reader = servermanager.sources.LegacyVTKReader(FileNames='wavelet.vtk')

Show(reader)
Render()

dp = GetDisplayProperties(reader)
dp.Representation
#>>> : 'Slice'

dp.GetProperty("Representation").Available
#>>> : ['Outline', 'Points', 'Wireframe', 'Surface', 'Surface With Edges', 'Volume', 'Slice']

dp.Representation = 'Volume'

Show(reader)
Render()

ERROR: In /home/myrrha/Desktop/paraview/paraview3.7/ParaView3/VTK/VolumeRendering/vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx, line 1467
vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper (0x2d7d650): Cell Scalars not supported

Erreur de segmentation

"When I excute this last line "Render()", I have a error, I don't understand"