[Paraview] Question about writing custom reader for paraview

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Mar 30 09:27:23 EDT 2009

InsertNextValue will work just fine so long as you are careful about inserting all the components for each tuple.  Most of the time I would recommend using InsertNextTupleValue instead.  However, in either case before filling the array I recommend calling Allocate first so that the memory will already be allocated.  This will make InsertNextValue more efficient because it will not have to reallocate the array.  Alternatively, you can call SetNumberOfComponents and then SetNumberOfTuples and then call SetTupleValue.  The choice between the two approaches is based on how you are using them and your own coding style.

-Ken