[Paraview] Fwd: [ParaView3-Developer] Fwd: [Still having Problems] Re: Generating a distribution of ParaView with Plugin

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus at cryos.org
Tue Mar 24 17:06:19 EDT 2009

Berk Geveci wrote:
> Forwading from developers list.

I encountered a similar issue to this when working on the Avogadro
Windows build. There is an alternate solution to this problem - if you
disable manifests for plugins then they do not need to resolve their
dependencies. The solution I found for Avogadro was to add this to our
CMakeLists.txt,

if (MSVC)
    set(CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS "${CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS} /MANIFEST:NO")
endif(MSVC)

As our plugins are built as modules this worked perfectly, Avogadro can
load its Qt based plugins from directories that do not contain
additional DLLs and we do not need to modify the environment. All
reports from users indicate that this approach works well.