[Paraview] How to construct "Standard" 2d contour plots

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Tue Mar 24 14:26:42 EDT 2009

Unless I am misunderstanding your question, you should be able to
change the scaling of the result one of two ways:

1. from the display page using the Transformation settings (Scale)
2. using the transform filter

(1) changes how the data is rendered. (2) actually changes the point
coordinates.

Also, you don't have to use the contour filter to achieve the effect
in the second image. You can simply color by that variable using the
toolbar or the display page.

I hope that this answers your question.

-berk

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 5:37 AM, Steven Janzou <sjanzou at gmail.com> wrote:
> Berk,
>
> The attached CurrentContour.PNG contains the screenshot of the contour
> plot generated with Paraview using the StructuredGrid from the
> SQLDatabaseTableSource filter applied to the SQLDatabaseTableSource
> and then ran through the Contour filter.
>
> The attached DesiredContour.png contains the desired display. How to
> accomplish with Paraview is the question...
>
> The DesiredContour.png was generated with the same data using a
> separate program.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
>

> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 6:18 AM, Berk Geveci <berk.geveci at kitware.com> wrote:
>> Can you post screenshots of what it looks like and what it should look like?
>>
>> -berk
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Steven Janzou <sjanzou at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> How can I construct a "simple" contour plot scaled nicely (like the
>>> bar and line plots in Paraview) similar to
>>> http://qwt.sourceforge.net/spectrogramscreenshots.html ?
>>>
>>> I have simple rectilinear data - 3 columns 24x365 (x,y) and a third
>>> column of data to provide the contours.
>>>
>>> I have imported data through the SQLTable reader plugin and to a
>>> vtkTable with 4 data arrays (my data and an id column).
>>> I then ran through a TableToStructuredPoints filter so that the
>>> contour filter could be applied.
>>>
>>> When the contour filter is applied, I get a skewed contour that I
>>> cannot resize to fit nicely into a window.
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Steve