[Paraview] open .hdr file in paraview

Zhanping Liu zhanping.liu at kitware.com
Thu Mar 19 18:28:38 EDT 2009

I am not sure if HDR here refers to High Dynamic Range. There is such an
emerging high-fidelity image file format (*.HDR) used to store / encode
original image data (e.g., in 'double' format to record ray tracing or
radiosity results without quantization) whose range (max / min, usually over
10^7 or even more) is beyond the regular displayable range (after some kind
of quantization).

-Zhanping

2009/3/19 Renato Elias <rnelias at gmail.com>

> First of all, what is a .hdr format? Is it related to HDF5? If so, HDF5 is
> not natively supported by ParaView. But you can write a small piece of Xdmf
> file describing and pointing to the data in your (supposed) HDF5 file.
>
> Renato.
>
> 2009/3/19 shiwen <shiwen19884 at hotmail.com>
>
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I am new to paraview.
>> I want to open a .hdr image file in paraview.
>> It seems that paraview doesn't support this format since when i opened it,
>> there is a dialog asking me to select the responsive of the file.
>> I can't find the hdr format in the dialog.
>> How to properly open the .hdr image file in paraview?
>>
>> Thanks a lot
>>
>> Wen Shi

>> 把MSN装进手机,更多聊天乐趣等你挖掘! 立刻下载! <http://mobile.msn.com.cn/>

>> Powered by www.kitware.com