[Paraview] Parallel Paraview

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Mar 4 10:43:50 EST 2009

In brief, the cells of the data are distributed amongst the processes, and each process runs your algorithm on its local piece.  Algorithms that perform per-cell or per-point operations usually work without any communication (assuming the request and receive any necessary ghost cells).

You can read more in Chapter 13 of the ParaView book or in the latest SC tutorial that is posted on the ParaView Wiki.

-Ken