[Paraview] trouble building paraview with mpi

Jim Montine jmontine at sgi.com
Tue Mar 3 11:43:16 EST 2009

I am attemtping to build ParaView-3.4.0.  I follow the instructions on the
wiki and I am able to use cmake to configure and generate the makefiles.

When I run make, things go along fine until I get here:

Linking CXX executable ../../../../bin/DistributedData

Then I get a bunch of undefined MPI errors like:

/store/jmontine/projects/ParaView-bin/bin/libvtkParallel.a(vtkMPIController.o): In function `vtk
MPIController::Finalize(int)':
vtkMPIController.cxx:(.text+0x878): undefined reference to `MPI_Finalize'
/store/jmontine/projects/ParaView-bin/bin/libvtkParallel.a(vtkMPIController.o): In function `vtk
MPIController::Initialize(int*, char***, int)':
vtkMPIController.cxx:(.text+0x9fb): undefined reference to `MPI_Init'
vtkMPIController.cxx:(.text+0xa1a): undefined reference to `MPI_Get_processor_name'

I have tried both hpmpi and sgi's mpi with the same result.  I am using gcc for the compiling.

Thanks