No subject

Tue Jun 23 12:19:35 EDT 2009

launched paraview 8 times, with 8 copies of the UI window, rather than
launching a single client and 7 other server processes as documented.

Can anyone verify that the 3.4.0 Leopard download is indeed compiled with
OpenMPI, and give me any pointers on how to run it on multiple cores in
distributed standalone mode?

Any suggestions or pointers to more information would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Karen Lee

--0015175cddfa06f8a5046dc0c4ef

Dear ParaView developers,<br><br>I downloaded <a href=3D"http://www.paravie=
w.org/files/v3.4/paraview.app-3.4.0-Leopard-x86.dmg">paraview.app-3.4.0-Leo=
pard-x86.dmg</a> from the download page, which according to the download pa=
ge are built using the OpenMPI that is bundled with MacOS Leopard, and I wa=
nt to run it in distributed stand-alone mode (as described in section 12.2 =
of the ParaView Guide) on my 8-core Mac Pro running Leopard (10.5.7).<br>
table (paraview.app/Contents/MacOS/paraview), but this didn&#39;t work: it =
merely launched paraview 8 times, with 8 copies of the UI window, rather th=
an launching a single client and 7 other server processes as documented.<br=

th OpenMPI, and give me any pointers on how to run it on multiple cores in =
distributed standalone mode?<br><br>Any suggestions or pointers to more inf=
ormation would be appreciated.=A0 Thanks!<br>

--0015175cddfa06f8a5046dc0c4ef--