[Paraview] Streaming ParaView

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Jun 30 16:43:17 EDT 2009

Thanks for doing the packaging work Orion!

I recommend not enabling either of the new applications, nor the
non-default plugins.

To answer your questions in more detail:

One configure and make is sufficient to build all three. I am unsure
about installation. I believe make install places all three in the
same directory, but I know that at least on OS-X you need to run
separate scripts to package the standard ParaView client and
StreamingParaview.

OverView and StreamingParaView are both in Pre-Alpha development
stage. At least for StreamingParaView this means that it is too
unstable to bother packaging. People should be brave enough to compile
from source if they want to try it, which is why it is not enabled by
default. The OverView developers can correct me if the same is not
true for OverView.

thanks again,
David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.