[Paraview] Any performance hints or tips for .pvtr reader?

Jonathan Dursi ljdursi at scinet.utoronto.ca
Mon Jun 29 13:02:40 EDT 2009

Moreland, Kenneth wrote:

> My guess is that the operation you are choosing is requesting ghost cells,
> which in turn is causing the reader to read all of the data over again
> (which, as you attest takes over an hour).  The Cell Data to Point Data and
> Contour filters do this.  If you requested to save ghost cells after the
> pvtr reader, then that would also cause a re-read.

I don't explicitly request ghost cells (in fact, at the dialog box I
explicitly request zero) but as you point out many things may be going
on beneath the hood.  But in any case it's not merely a delay that I
see, it's a crash - bus error, fail.

	- Jonathan

--
Jonathan Dursi     <ljdursi at scinet.utoronto.ca>