[Paraview] Python parser issues

Paul Edwards paul.m.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 04:10:23 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a filter than creates secondary flow variables for post processing.
They have names such as "absolute temperature".  There is a problem with the
Python parser where it will take the "abs" from absolute and interpret it as
the math function.  Is there a way around this?

Here are steps to reproduce this:

from paraview.simple import *
cone = Cone()
calc = Calculator(cone)
calc.Function = "17"
calc.ResultArrayName = "absolute"
calc2 = Calculator(calc)
calc2.Function = "(absolute) - 15"
calc2.UpdatePipeline()

The only solution I can think of is to rename the scalars that are output
from the filter.  Does anyone have any other ideas?  (In future might it be
worth allowing the user to put values in {}'s or something?)

Regards,
Paul