[Paraview] Getting Blocks Selection

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Jun 15 11:13:00 EDT 2009

Currently there's no direct way of converting from block to id-based
selection. vtkConvertSelection does not handle the case where the input is a
block-based selection.  Feel free to add a feature request to the bug
tracker.

A possible alternative would be to apply the ExtractSelection filter and
then fetch the resulting dataset to the client. That will have the ids for
the extracted block.

Utkarsh