[Paraview] Python Programmable Source Filters

Jon jon.the.wong at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 07:10:05 EDT 2009

Hi-

I've just started using paraview recently. I have some surface data that
I wish to make a contour out of that I have in Matlab. Since the CSV
feature in 3.4 doesn't seem to work correctly, I've resorted to using
the CSV reader programmable source snippet of code.

I've gotten the point data to import correctly, but nothing is
displayed. So I figure I need some data about faces and such. However, I
can't seem to find any docs documenting how to add faces using the
python scripts, such as the CSV reader on the wiki.

If there is a better way to load in the information, or data about
adding "face" data in addition to the points, so that the surface shows
up in paraview would be greatly appreciated.

-Jon