[Paraview] Combining pvts files into one large vts file

Mark Fleharty mark.fleharty at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 16:37:45 EDT 2009

Hello,

I've been trying to combine pvts and its list of vts files into one
large vts file.

I've tried things like the following, but it isn't working quite the
way I would expect, some of the data is getting truncated for reasons
I haven't been able to figure out.

#!/usr/local/bin/pvpython
from paraview.servermanager import *
Connect()
reader = sources.XMLPStructuredGridReader(FileName="fields.00010.pvts")
extract= filters.ExtractGrid(Input=reader)
extract.VOI=(0,64,0,8, 0,0) # This is the volume I'm interested in
extract_writer=writers.XMLStructuredGridWriter(Input=extract, FileName="ff.vts")

extract_writer.DataMode=0
extract_writer.UpdatePipeline()

Any ideas?

Thanks,