[Paraview] RE : Paraview 3.6 compilation with animation in avi format

BOUSSOIR Jonathan 167706 Jonathan.BOUSSOIR at cea.fr
Thu Jun 4 05:49:51 EDT 2009

Compile csv Paraview with ffmepg
Best,
Jona

FFMPEG Source Code

The FFMPEG multimedia library source code can be obtained either from the sourceforge web site or by downloading ffmpeg_source.tar.gz
ou
1) Checkout ffmpeg.
>> cvs -z9 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg co ffmpeg

>> cd ffmpeg

>> ./configure --disable-vhook --disable-static --disable-network --disable-zlib --disable-ffserver --disable-ffplay --disable-decoders --enable-shared --prefix=/tmp/ffmpeg_inst

4) Build the ffmpeg libraries.

>> make

5) Install the ffmpeg libraries into a well defined path.
make install

6) Now set VTK or ParaView's CMAKE variables to find the ffmpeg
library and header files.

  VTK_USE_FFMPEG_ENCODER:BOOL=ON
  FFMPEG_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/tmp/ffmpeg_inst/include/
  FFMPEG_avcodec_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/tmp/ffmpeg_inst/lib/libavcodec.so
  FFMPEG_avformat_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/tmp/ffmpeg_inst/lib/libavformat.so
  FFMPEG_avutil_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/tmp/ffmpeg_inst/lib/libavutil.so