[Paraview] Problem with temporal filter and multi-block data

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Jun 2 10:58:01 EDT 2009

I actually disagree with that statement.  The issue with 6662 is that the pipeline is sometimes stuffing data in a vtkTemporalDataSet when it should not.  If you look carefully at 9089, you will see that in fact the data is supposed to be in vtkTemporalDataSet; the downstream temporal interpolation filter will not work otherwise.  The error occurs even when the data really should be in temporal form.

In my mind 9089 is a fairly serious issue; the executive is failing to properly use a filter that does not directly support temporal data.  Issue 6662 is just a minor inconvenience; as long as temporal data is being handled correctly, the only effect to the user should be an odd reporting of temporal data set in the information panel.

-Ken