[Paraview] Generate cubic cells from box glyph

Ivo Roghair ivoroghair at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 06:15:22 EDT 2009

Hi,
How can I make the box-glyph represent a cubic cell? So that it is a
single entity (solid cubic cell), and not 6 planes that build up a box
with a void inside.

Why? I load my OctTree adaptive mesh refinement data via a CSV file
(X,Y,Z,size), with (X,Y,Z) the cell center and (size) the cell size.
Using the box-glyph I can see the whole mesh topology without having to
write out the corner points of every cubic cell. Or is there another way
of writing out OctTree?

Thanks!
Ivo

CSV example data:

X,Y,Z,size,cellno,haskids
2,2,2,1,1,1
2,2,3,1,2,0
2,3,2,1,3,0
3,2,2,1,4,0
2,3,3,1,5,0
3,2,3,1,6,0
3,3,2,1,7,0
3,3,3,1,8,0
2.25,2.25,2.25,0.5,9,0
2.25,2.25,1.75,0.5,10,0
2.25,1.75,2.25,0.5,11,0
1.75,2.25,2.25,0.5,12,0
2.25,1.75,1.75,0.5,13,0
1.75,2.25,1.75,0.5,14,0
1.75,1.75,2.25,0.5,15,0
1.75,1.75,1.75,0.5,16,0

load CSV -> TableToPoints -> Glyph (box, scale with scalar 'size', scale
factor=1) -> optionally filter out parent cells using threshold on the
haskids value.