[Paraview] [ParaView] Load VRML question...

Andrés Felipe Padilla anfeken at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 13:11:43 EDT 2009

We tried the following using the vtkVRMLSource

std::string file = "/models/flag.wrl";
leVRML = vtkVRMLSource::New();
leVRML->SetFileName(file.c_str());

However, we do not know how to visualize the VRMLObject in the Active View.

We tried the following using pqObjectBuilder:

 pqPendingDisplayManager *pdm =
qobject_cast<pqPendingDisplayManager*>(pqApplicationCore::instance()->manager("PENDING_DI
SPLAY_MANAGER"));
pdm->setAddSourceIgnored(true);
leSource = builder->createSource("sources", "VRMLSource", s);
leSource->getProxy()->UpdateVTKObjects();
pdm->setAddSourceIgnored(false);
leSource->setModifiedState(pqProxy::UNMODIFIED);
pqOutputPort* oPort = leSource->getOutputPort(0);
builder->createDataRepresentation(oPort,
pqActiveView::instance().current());
(pqActiveView::instance().current())->render();

but VRMLSource does not exist, so this approach fails. We were trying to
look if creating a proxy with the vtkVRMLSource would work but we haven't
figure that out yet. Can this source be added via an XML or something
(*throwing some ideas) so it can be used with the objectBuilder?

Thanks.

Andrés