[Paraview] OpenGL Hardware acceleration of Paraview display

Olumide 50295 at web.de
Mon Jul 13 19:21:32 EDT 2009

Olesen, Mark wrote:
>> Would someone please tell me if Paraview supports HW (OpenGL)
>> acceleration and how to enable it.
>
> Sure it supports OpenGL. You just need to have the appropriate hardware
> drivers working.
> Assuming you are using Linux (you didn't say which OS you have), check
> these things:

I'm running Paraview on Windows XP, and OpenGL is correctly set up for
my machine.

What got me wondering about HW acceleration was my experience using
Paraview to present results at a conference a few months ago. The
display just seemed to drag, even though only a few apps (very basic)
were running. This experience made me wonder if Paraview was compiled
with Mesa, the software implementation of OpenGL.

Thanks.