[Paraview] bug with colour and state files

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Fri Jul 10 13:14:50 EDT 2009

Paul,
I tried to replicate this bug, and cannot.  I did get weirdness's to occur only with a sphere, specifically coloring by normal.  ParaView is trying to color by the magnitude of the normal vector, which is 1 in all cases.  I suspect that the color we are seeing is caused by some round off errors.

If you still see this bug, please replicate with the cylinder source, using color by TCoords (which DOES have a range from 0 to 1.414).

Thanks,

Alan