[Paraview] Cutting a volume with polydata

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Jul 9 16:44:19 EDT 2009

An easier solution is to use the resample with dataset filter to map the unstructured grid fields to the poly data.  That won't actually clip the poly data by the unstructured grid volume though.  You could use the threshold or clip-by-scalars feature on the created vtkValidPointMask field to approximate the intersection, but there will be obvious errors.

-Ken