[Paraview] MJPEG instead of MPEG4 (issue 8925)

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 15:05:48 EDT 2009

Thanks Berk and David for the prompt answer.

Licensing certainly is a good reason. But then, mjpeg produces much
larger movies. Every frame is a key-frame. How about offering a choice
between mjpeg and ogg/theora in the export dialog?

Michael

On 9. Jul, 2009, at 20:15, David E DeMarle wrote:

> We had two reasons, licensing, and cross platform playability
> see:
> http://markmail.org/message/2dhkwsnhou3x4bjw

Dang, I searched the archives, but nothing useful showed up... must
have used the wrong keywords!