[Paraview] timer log, looks a bit off

Bam Ting bampingting at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 20:49:41 EDT 2009

testing my reader plugin, I thought timer log would be a good way to go,
however not so sure what it's timing. running in client server mode, 2 , 4
and 8 processes so far.

I put some time computation in my request data method that show the read
takes less than 1 second on all processes and decreases as process are
added, however timer log reports nearly 6 seconds on all runs.

The more important question: What is going on behind the scenes in those 5
seconds after my reader executes?

Can we safely say it's client server communication?

ParaView wont try to load ballance behind my back will it?