[Paraview] how to run ParaView 3.4.0 on MacOS Leopard in parallel?

Karen Lee kylkaren at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 00:17:12 EDT 2009

Hi Berk,

Thanks for your help. Our file format is .vtu, and there's only one GPU on
our machine. I'm wondering if there is some way we can tell which operations
execute on the GPU and which on the CPU, so that we could try a different
operation in order to see a parallel speedup.
Also, have you guys looked into having the client and server processes
detect the situation where the GPU is shared between them, and in that case
not attempt to parallelize GPU-based operations? Our situation of a
multi-CPU system with a single GPU is very common, and it would be nice to
get some benefit for CPU-based operations in this case without penalizing
GPU-based ones.

Thanks again for your help,
Karen