[Paraview] XML values bounds

Fred Fred stan1313 at hotmail.fr
Fri Jul 3 13:30:51 EDT 2009

Hello,
I have a distance that can be set either as an absolute value or relative to the dataset extents. How may I specify a control on the valid values either in the range [0, min extent] or in the range [0, 1], depending on which unit has been chosen?

    <IntVectorProperty name="DistanceUnit" label="Distance Unit" command="SetDistanceUnit" number_of_elements="1" default_values="2">
      <EnumerationDomain name="enum">
        <Entry value="0" text="Absolute"/>
        <Entry value="1" text="Relative"/>
      </EnumerationDomain>
      <Documentation>
        This property indicates the unit for specifying the distance. The Absolute (0) unit is the real distance. The Relative (1) unit means a percentage of the minimum dataset's spatial extent (hence it must be in the range [0, 1]).
      </Documentation>
    </IntVectorProperty>

    <DoubleVectorProperty name="Distance" label="Distance" command="SetDistance" number_of_elements="1" default_values="0.1">
      <BoundsDomain name="bounds" mode="scaled_extent" scale_factor="0.5">
        <RequiredProperties>
          <Property name="Input" function="Input"/>
        </RequiredProperties>
      </BoundsDomain>
      <Documentation>
        The value of this property specifies the distance.
      </Documentation>
    </DoubleVectorProperty>