[Paraview] ParaView Digest, Vol 63, Issue 1, Message 7

Tobias Froebel tfroebel at gmx.de
Wed Jul 1 06:08:48 EDT 2009

------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:05:16 -0700
From: Michael Z?llner <michael.zoellner at rwth-aachen.de>
Subject: [Paraview] Invalid array name
To: paraview at paraview.org

Hi all,

I want to apply the calculator filter on the results of some 3D numerical
simulation but keep getting the following error message (it appears about
fourty times in the Ouput Messages window):

ERROR: In
/home/berk/Work/ReleaseBuilds/ParaView3/VTK/Graphics/vtkArrayCalculator.cxx,
line 305
vtkArrayCalculator (0x882fbf8): Invalid array name: VelSca0

About the data: I have opened a file Conc_Anim.pvd with one float (Conc_0)
and another file VelScalar_Anim.pvd with three floats (VelSca0, VelSca1, and
VelSca2) for the velocities in x, y, and z direction. To be able to do some
calculations with data from both files, I used Group Datasets. The
calculation should be something like

Conc_0*(VelSca0*iHat+VelSca1*jHat+VelSca2*kHat)

though the error message appears whatever I enter as a formula.

Does anybody have any idea what went wrong here?

Thanks,
Michael