[Paraview] Paraview v3.4.0 poor movie quality

Rick Burnes rick.burnes at mchsi.com
Sun Jan 25 20:15:07 EST 2009

I have been trying to generate several animations in paraview v3.4.0 (32
bit windows xp O.S.) but so far the animation quality has been terrible.
I have reviewed some of the previous posts and solutions but making the
changes offered in those solutions did not change the quality of the
animations generated.  Specifically, I turned off the light kit and I
also unchecked the "Use Offscreen Rendering for Screenshots", which can
be found under "Render View" in the options.  I did not have problems
with animation quality until upgrading to version 3.  Since then all of
the version 3 variants of paraview have given me the same animation
quality problems.

Additional information: I generate an animation by choosing "save
animation" under "file", set the frames per sec., etc. and then save the
animation as an "avi" file.  I was hoping someone who subscribes to this
list could provide some guidance on how to generate a high quality
animation out of paraview v3.4.0.  I have also tried this on two
different windows xp computers with different video cards and drivers,
but still get the same results.

Sincerely,
Rick