[Paraview] Export python programmable filters ?

Peter Brady petertbrady at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 12:25:21 EST 2009

Hi Pierre,

I do most of my python processing via pvpython.  At the top of my
processing script I simply have something like:

filterfile = open('prog_filter.py', 'r')
filterString = filterfile.read()
filterfile.close()

where the file: 'prog_filter.py' is my programmable filter.  To use it:

deform = servermanager.filters.ProgrammableFilter(Input=someInput)
deform.Script = filterString
deform.UpdatePipeline()

It's the 'quick and dirty' way but not particularly elegant.  I don't
think this approach would work from the GUI though.  For that you
would need to implement David's suggestion about the customFilter.

Hope that helps,
Peter.