[Paraview] How can someone insert an image to animation?

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Jan 19 13:30:54 EST 2009

> The main question was:
> How could someone insert graphical object (*.png, *.eps) (for example legend
> which had been painted in Photoshop or text from Tex) into the ParaView
> stage?

In case it was not clear before, you can load up a .png file just like any
other data file (File -> Open).  You can then manipulate it like any other
pipeline object.

There is no eps reader, so you will have to convert it to a raster format
like png.  There are several utilities that will do it for you.  Imagemagick
is one cross-platform solution.

> Another question, is any possibility to create more detail grid
> (Object Inspector, Annotation, Show cube axes)?

I assume you are talking about the grid and ticks of the cube axis.  I do
not see a way to change them.  I raised a feature request to do that.

  http://www.paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=8401

Hope that helps.

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland