[Paraview] Calling a vtk filter from my custom filter

Rafael March rafaelmarch3 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 10:29:48 EST 2009

Hi ParaView Community,

I'm programming a filter, and I would like to call the vtkExtractEdges filter from it. Since my filter acts on vtkPolyData, it extends vtkPolyDataAlgorithm.

The problem is, the requestData() method of all filters are made protected, so that only derived classes are able to call it. Hence, I can't see how can I call this method from inside the body of my filter's code.

What's the usual way to do things such this ?

Thanks in advance,
Rafael March.