[Paraview] Writer Plugin cannot be loaded

Natalie Happenhofer nataliehapp at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 08:46:08 EST 2009

Ok,
maybe this is the reason for the problem:
Building Paraview I just run "make" - and I do have to run "make install" too,don´t I? Is it "make install" on linux? (Under Windos I run "mingw32-make" and
"mingw32-make install")

Well, running "make install" I get the following error:

[100%] Built target PrismClientPlugin
Install the project...
-- Install configuration: "Release"
-- Up-to-date: /usr/local/unpackaged/paraview-happenhofer-3.4.0/include/paraview-3.4/vtksys/stl/algorithm
CMake Error at VTK/Utilities/kwsys/cmake_install.cmake:36 (FILE):
  file Problem setting permissions on file
  "/usr/local/unpackaged/paraview-happenhofer-3.4.0/include/paraview-3.4/vtksys/stl/algorithm"
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  VTK/Utilities/cmake_install.cmake:37 (INCLUDE)
  VTK/cmake_install.cmake:38 (INCLUDE)
  cmake_install.cmake:37 (INCLUDE)

make: *** [install] Error 1

How can I set the permissions correctly? Or does the root-user have to do that?

Thx a lot,
Natalie