[Paraview] Add support for PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_PLUGINS?

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Jan 15 07:41:18 EST 2009

Jacques
> PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_PLUGINS : vtkCSCSFluent
> then it will prompt for a path and I just give it the path to the
> source for example : vtkCSCS/vtkFluentvtkCSCS/
> I assume that it will then use the cmake file that's in
> vtkCSCS/vtkFluent/pv3-plugin ?

It will use the CMakeLists.txt file in the path supplied, so you would
(in this case) supply vtkCSCS/vtkFluentvtkCSCS/pv3-plugin

> So am I right to assume that in order to use the same methodology with
> my plugins I should put a cmake file in a directory called pv3-plugin ?
Only if you still need another CMakeLists file somewhere else. I use a
pv3-plugin directory for my plugin cmakelists files just because I can't
have two in the main directory. If I don't need to compile the classes
against standard vtk or some other project, then there's no need for a
plugin specific location.

Note that I have not checked in my changes to cvs paraview. And after
reading Tim's email, I may not bother. I'll follow the Overview/Branding
developments for now.

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch