[Paraview] Problems with the new color legend

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Jan 14 09:34:47 EST 2009

First, I observe that you must not be using 3.4.0, because the new color legend is not is that version.  The new color legend is only in the CVS trunk and will be in the next release of ParaView.

Second, I'm not sure why you have an aversion to the new scalar bar.  It is designed to be more readable.  Your complaint centers around the minimum and maximum values being displayed, but both styles show the minimum and maximum.  The only difference is that the old style shows less precision in the numbers.  Note that if you round the min/max numbers to the hundredths place you get the numbers in the old style.

If you wish to continue to fool yourself with less precision, you can open the color scale editor, open the color legend tab, unclick Automatic Label Format, and insert any precision that you like.  You can also change the range of the scalar bar to anything that you like.

-Ken