[Paraview] paraview: uploading data files

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Jan 13 21:17:42 EST 2009

You will probably have to write some sort of custom reader for your
data. This can be just a simple stand-alone program that converts your
data into the .pvd file or you can make the reader a ParaView plugin
so that ParaView can open your data file(s).

The first thing you will probably want to do is export the data from
excel into a CSV file for easier reading.

Next you can write the code for your reader. If you can give some more
information about what exactly the data in the xls files represents
the community may be able to guide you further. For example is the
data xyz coordinates for a triangular mesh? Is it voxel data? Is it
image data?

There are lots of examples for all of those around the net and from
various folks on the list (including myself).

Cheers
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net