[Paraview] error building my code

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Jan 9 10:20:22 EST 2009

The error that you are getting is actually from the "client-server" wrapper that is generating the code to marshal and unmarshal function calls between ParaView client and server.  I agree that the problem is most likely caused by the use of STL classes.  The parser does not handle these, so you will have to wrap any portion of your header using STL with //BTX & //ETX flags.  That is, have a line "//BTX" at the start of the portion you want the wrapper to ignore and a line "//ETX at the end.

BTW, when including an STL header file, you should prefix the file with vtkstd.  That is, use "#include <vtkstd/vector>" and "#include <vtkstd/string>".  The VTK build creates these special include files to help make your STL use more portable.  Also, you should prefix all of the STL classes and functions with vtkstd:: rather than std:: (or use the vtkstd namespace in you cxx file).  Again, VTK creates the vtkstd namespace to be portable to STL implementations that do not use the std namespace correctly.

-Ken