[Paraview] How to visualize multipart/multiblock models

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Jan 8 09:19:22 EST 2009

Jacques,

>> -> flip between the views by just typing a number on the keyboard
This should be easy. You need to create a QShortcut that captures come
key combination, say Ctrl+Num and then simply changes the active view.
Ofcourse the ordering of views is not necessarily obvious but
shouldn't be too hard to come up with a convention. Look at
Qt/Components/pqActiveView. It's a singleton. Simply call setCurrent()
on it to change the active view. Look at pqApplicationCore::loadState
to see how to get the list of current views.

The other cases dealing with blocks and views are a bit tricky. Let me
get back to you.

Utkarsh