[Paraview] image quality for JPEG writer in pvpython

Sala, Marzio marzio.sala at bmw-sauber.com
Wed Jan 7 04:56:09 EST 2009

Hello All,

I am working with pvpython/pvbatch. I need to save some JPEG files, which I do using something like:

view.WriteImage(outputdir + filename, "vtkJPEGWriter")

The resulting JPEG files have a 95% quality, which turns out to be too much for what I am doing (in terms of file size).
Is there a way to specify the quality of the JPEG files saved using WriteImage()?

If this is not possible, can somebody suggest how to tweak the ParaView sources to save with a different quality?

Many thanks,
-Marzio