[Paraview] mpirun error

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Feb 25 16:16:01 EST 2009

A couple of things to try:

When you are connected to a parallel filter, you can access the
process id scalars filter. That tells each process on the server to
color its cells with its own color. With that you can seel which cells
were processed on which server node.

Edit->settings->render view->server->remote render threshold can be
used to force it to render on the server. Assuming you are not using
offscreen rendering, checking that and setting it to 0MB will make it
pop up windows on each server node that you can look at.

Try putting print statements in with the python programmable filter.
Every time that filter re-executes, each server node will print
something to the console.