[Paraview] vtkCompositeDataSet - memory ?

Jean Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Mon Feb 23 03:03:35 EST 2009

Andy Bauer wrote:
> ...They should also have the same vtkPointData as a result so that
> data is not duplicated.

In my own experience, it is often the case that different Data arrays
can be defined on the 3D blocks and on the 2D boundary surfaces. I just
wanted to point out that ParaView is smart enough to enable this and to
annotate  data arrays of name VAR as  "VAR (partial)". Thus, there is no
confusion for the User that he/she is selecting a data array that is
strictly defined on only a subset of parts.

Jean --
Swiss National Supercomputing Center