[Paraview] Problems running a test case

paul reichl preichl at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 16 19:48:07 EST 2009

Hi All,

I am very new to paraview (so please excuse my ignorance when asking
this question) and I want to use a recorded test case to produce an
image snapshot. I have recorded a test case using the Tools -> Record Test and in this test case I load in a state file, adjust some of the view settings and then save an image snapshot. Recording the test case file (which I called first.xml) seems to work well. However, when I play the file everything works right up until the point at which the image snapshot should be taken and I get a message in an output window which states: Couldn't find object "MainWindow/FileSaveScreenshotDialog" and then on the next line: Found up to "MainWindow". It then stops, so that I need to press the OK button on the Save Snap Shot dialogue box to continue. I have to do this manually whereas I want the xml file to automatically do this.

I have tried both recording and running the test case on two different linux machines (one running Ubuntu and the other SuSe) and I get the same problem on both. I am using the 64bit binary version of paraview 3.4.0. Is there something obvious that I am missing?. Any tips, suggestions or references to what I could try to fix this would be most appreciated.

The listing of the first.xml file is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<pqevents>
  <pqevent object="MainWindow/menubar/menuFile" command="activate" arguments="actionFileLoadServerState" />
  <pqevent object="MainWindow/FileLoadServerStateDialog" command="filesSelected" arguments="/home/preichl/PARAVIEW/first.pvsm" />
  <pqevent object="outputDialog/closeButton" command="activate" arguments="" />
  <pqevent object="MainWindow/MultiViewManager/SplitterFrame/MultiViewSplitter/0/MultiViewFrameMenu/OptionsButton" command="activate" arguments="" />
  <pqevent object="MainWindow/ActiveRenderViewOptions/PageNames" command="mousePress" arguments="1,1,0,14,12,/2:0" />
  <pqevent object="MainWindow/ActiveRenderViewOptions/PageNames" command="mouseRelease" arguments="1,0,0,14,12,/2:0" />
  <pqevent object="MainWindow/ActiveRenderViewOptions/Stack/pqRenderViewOptions/stackedWidget/Annotation/OrientationAxes" command="mousePress" arguments="1,1,0,11,4" />
  <pqevent object="MainWindow/ActiveRenderViewOptions/Stack/pqRenderViewOptions/stackedWidget/Annotation/OrientationAxes" command="mouseRelease" arguments="1,0,0,11,4" />
  <pqevent object="MainWindow/ActiveRenderViewOptions/Stack/pqRenderViewOptions/stackedWidget/Annotation/groupBox_3/CenterAxesVisibility" command="set_boolean" arguments="false" /

  <pqevent object="MainWindow/ActiveRenderViewOptions/CloseButton" command="activate" arguments="" />
  <pqevent object="MainWindow/menubar/menuFile" command="activate" arguments="actionFileSaveScreenshot" />
  <pqevent object="MainWindow/SaveSnapshotDialog/width" command="set_string" arguments="8" />
  <pqevent object="MainWindow/SaveSnapshotDialog/width" command="set_string" arguments="80" />
  <pqevent object="MainWindow/SaveSnapshotDialog/width" command="set_string" arguments="800" />
  <pqevent object="MainWindow/SaveSnapshotDialog/height" command="set_string" arguments="6" />
  <pqevent object="MainWindow/SaveSnapshotDialog/height" command="set_string" arguments="60" />
  <pqevent object="MainWindow/SaveSnapshotDialog/height" command="set_string" arguments="600" />
  <pqevent object="MainWindow/FileSaveScreenshotDialog" command="filesSelected" arguments="/home/preichl/PARAVIEW/first" />
  <pqevent object="outputDialog/closeButton" command="activate" arguments="" />
</pqevents>

Thanks,

Paul Reichl