[Paraview] particle tracking

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Thu Feb 12 08:31:11 EST 2009

I don't think this answers Pei's question. To my knowledge the
temporal stream tracer (i.e. particle tracker) works only for
time-dependent data. Am I wrong? To animate particles in a
steady-state flow field, I'd think that you would generate streamlines
and then somehow animate particles along those. I can't think of
anything that would do this out-of-box but writing a  filter that does
this would be pretty easy. Is this something more than a few users
would want?

-berk