[Paraview] Filter Plugin in Client/Server ParaView

Rafael March rafaelmarch3 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 09:03:28 EST 2009

Hi,

I've finished recently to program a ParaView filter. I developed it under windows, and now I want to run it in a distributed environment: a client running in a windows machine, and a server running in a SGI Cluster.

I thought it should work, 'cause i've programmed following the paraview client server architecture (using server manager properties, and so on). But when I open paraview (I can see my plugin loaded in "Local Plugins" in the Plugin Manager dialog), and try to use my filter, it crashes and close.

The question is: do I have to load my plugin as a "Remote Plugin", or it is enough to generate my dll under windows and load it as a local plugin ? Must I compile it under linux and load it in the Cluster ? Or maybe this is just a programming bug ?

Regards,
Rafael March.