[Paraview] DICOM series reader for Paraview

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 02:52:10 EST 2009

Hi,

if you intend to use a DICOM reader in Paraview, why not using
directly GDCM, instead of ITK? It contains a VTK Reader... If I am
right, you will just have to write the XML/CMake files that make the
reader available in Paraview.

In my case, I use the vtkDICOMImageReader, that is a very simple dcm
file series reader: just give the folder containing the files, and let
it read. If you need more functionalities, the GDCM reader will do the
trick.

You can find a later version of GDCM than the ITK integrated one, on
this website: http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/ . I cannot
help you more, as I had never use it for now.

Cheers,
Jerome